Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gorman Dogfight - US Airforce fighting UFO



The Gorman UFO dogfight was a widely publicized UFO incident. It occurred on 1 October 1948 in the skies above Fargo, North Dakota. Main party was George F. Gorman, a pilot for the North Dakota Air National Guard, who delivered after his representation of a Dogfight (English for air combat) with a UFO. In 1956, USAF CaptainEdward J. Ruppelt wrote in his bestselling and influential book, The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects thatGorman is one of the three "classic" UFO Dogfight incidents in the late forties, was in his view, the authenticityof UFOs occupied.
Gorman: I am convinced that there was definite thought behind its maneuvers. But I am further convinced thatthe object was governed by the laws of inertia because its acceleration was not immediate and rapid although it was able to turn fairly tight at Considerable speed, still it followed a natural curve. When I attempted to turn with the object I blacked out temporarily due to excessive speed. I am in fairly good physical condition and I do notbelieve that there are many if any pilots who could withstand the turn and speed effected by the object, andremain conscious. The object was not only able to turn out and out speed my aircraft ... but was able to attain a far steeper climb and was able to maintain a constant rate of climb far in excess of my aircraft


No comments:

Post a Comment